Civil Litigation Lawyer Moose Jaw Saskatchewan - When a business experiences financial problems, it is important to choose the correct team to help your business through the necessary processes. These may comprise insolvencies, bankruptcies and business restructuring. Our Business Restructuring and Insolvency Team has a wealth of knowledge in order to help you handle these situations. Our lawyers are uniquely positioned to offer suggestion and representation, resulting in timely, effective, and strategic solutions.
We work with business enterprises within businesses like for instance airline, automotive, communications, biomedical, entertainment, construction, financial services, funeral, insurance, healthcare, marketing, manufacturing, mining, steel, retail, technology, natural resources, and real estate. Our lawyers can help you with the difficulties of cross-border procedures administered under either Chapter 11 of the United States Bankruptcy Code or the Canada Companies' Creditors Arrangement ("CCAA"). We have extensive knowledge with multi-national and domestic business reorganizations and restructuring, whether court-supervised or informal. Insolvency and bankruptcy restructuring legislation in the U.S. and Canada have a similar debtor-in-possession focus; then again, the laws of the two jurisdictions are different enough to require people involved in cross-border procedures to be well-informed concerning both jurisdictions. In recent years our lawyers have advised intermediaries and stakeholders in a lot of the biggest restructurings and insolvencies under the CCAA, the Winding-Up and Restructuring Act, and the Bankruptcy and Insolvency Act ("BIA").
Timely access to the required professionals can tip the scales in favour of a positive result throughout business restructuring and insolvency. Our group draws upon the breadth and depth of other experienced members in our global business in all legal areas associated to business reorganizations. Our firm has experts in mergers and acquisitions, banking and securitizations, private and public equity, labour and employment, real property and intellectual property, and governmental relations. In cases of insolvency needing advocacy before appellate and trial courts, our team provides experienced litigators.
For the numerous stakeholders we represent, our services include the following:
1. We assist those financially challenged businesses about the options and alternatives of restructuring, which comprises the creating and directing of formal restructuring proceedings under the BIA and the CCAA.
2. In relation to companies in financial distress, we advise board members and the independent/special committees of private and public corporations.
3. We advise in relation to insolvent business debtors, including providing recommendation in the context of cross-border restructuring proceedings, to institutional and non-regulated lenders, agents to and members operational, term, asset-based and second-lien lenders, lending syndicates, distressed debt investors, trust indenture trustees, bondholders, ad hoc and formal noteholders committees, and hedge fund and private equity investors.
4. In cases being administered under the U.S. Bankruptcy Code related to cross-border and Canadian restructuring procedures, we advise the formal and ad-hoc creditors committees.
5. We can help the many secured creditors in the insolvency procedures, concerning the enforcement of their security, privately and through court-supervised processes and the protections of their interests and rights.
6. We advise trustees in bankruptcy, liquidators, receivers, monitors, interim receivers, construction lien trustees and other court-appointed officers in CCAA proceedings and proposals under the BIA, comprising bankruptcies and receiverships.
7. In relation to defaulting or insolvent debtors, we advise equipment lessors and vendors, suppliers, contracting third parties, and commercial landlords in restructuring and insolvency proceedings and realizations.
8. We can help the purchasers who are distressed assets or businesses in cases administered under the CCAA and BIA, from the trustees, private or court-appointed receivers.
9. In insolvency proceedings, we help financial advisors, investment bankers, and other consultants.
10. In the context of insolvency, business restructuring and bankruptcy cases, we offer counsel could various litigation problems.
11.We can defend and prosecute in litigating actions and preference actions. These may be for the fraudulent conveyance of assets or the obtaining of urgent relief to protect and preserve assets from dissipation, like for example injunctions, mareva injunctions, and anton pillar orders.
Click to Download the pdf